Tuesday 3 March 2015

Review: Brew and Brownie, York

If anyone knows me well enough, they will release that I have very strong feelings towards cups of tea and cake. York is well renowned for offering copious amounts of cafes and tea rooms, but there is one place that certainly has the edge. Brew and Brownie is my ultimate favourite place for a loose-leaf tea (such a luxury), thick buttermilk Pancakes with maple syrup and bacon or a generous helping to one of their bakes of the day.
I discovered this place one gloomy, winter morning in York and since then, I've been hooked. So hooked that I've been here twice this week already. The American-style pancakes are INCREDIBLE. Now, I've been to IHOP in America a couple of times and were impressed by their humongous stack of pancakes but, still, Brew and Brownie offer something even more impressive. I've tried both the Nutella and Banana pancakes and the Maple Syrup and Bacon variety. I'm still torn between which one is my favourite. Although, my boyfriend Alex would disagree as he is firm believer that the bacon pancakes are the winner. 
Lemon and poppyseed cake and a very milky cuppa - yummmm!

If you're not a huge fan of pancakes, there are some delightful savoury meals you can devour also. If you're a sweet tooth, like me, then there's numerous different baked goods offered. I absolutely love the tea they serve here because it's loose leaf and the flavours are much more refreshing! They do a fab selection of herbal teas too; the lemon and ginger one is worth a try if you're trying to ween yourself off milky tea. 

This was the fourth attempt at taking a nice photo!

If you're a fan of vintage-style decor, Kings of Leon and the Beatles, great coffee and amazing service, then I beg you try this place out. It's impossible to hate this place, and you'll find yourself returning on a weekly basis.


2 comments:

  1. Love it here too going again today wish I had of discovered it before last Sunday but no worries as they have it right so I am sure they will be around for a long time and I'll get to go loads of times. The pancakes with bacon and blueberries are fantastic and prices are so reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can's wait to try their banana pancakes today.....but the bacon and blueberry rock

    ReplyDelete